Boating / Recreational Accidents
Every year thousands of Canadians are injured or killed due to recreational activities including boating accidents, recreational vehicle accidents, skiing, snowboarding and bicycling. The laws relating to such accidents can be difficult to understand and your rights and obligations may change significantly depending on where and how the accident happened.
Our personal injury lawyers can help you determine what steps to take if you have been in such an accident and advise of what benefits may be available to you.
Rely on us for help to get you through and obtain the compensation you may be entitled to.
In the event you are injured during a recreational activity, try your best to do the following:
- Take pictures of your injuries and of the area of the accident, and the damage to your vehicle (if any), as soon as possible, before conditions change.
- Try to identify the landowner or organizer of the event and save any written materials given to you.
- Keep copies of any waivers that you signed and detailed notes as to how, where and why you signed them and if they were read by you prior to signing.
- Create a point-form account of exactly what happened, where it happened, weather conditions, insurance information, discussions with others and your injuries, etc.
- If there are witnesses, get their names and contact information.
- Ensure that you seek out medical assistance and follow your doctor’s advice.
- Be careful using Facebook and other social media as your posts may be producible to the other side.