Chronic Pain/Soft Tissue Injuries
Chronic pain/soft tissue injuries can still have a catastrophic effect on your life. For example, imagine a scenario where a young person who has suffered a back injury lives in chronic discomfort. It may not be “catastrophic” but it is likely that the pain he or she experiences will make it difficult to go to work every day. It may make them irritable which in turn makes it hard for their family to live with them. And unfortunately, when someone doesn’t look injured, their friends and family think nothing is wrong; they become increasingly less understanding and sympathetic. In a case like this, even though an injury may not be considered serious, the impact it has on someone’s life certainly is.
In the event you are injured in a an accident, try your best to do the following:
- Take pictures of your injuries and of the area of the accident, and if injured in a motor vehicle accident, the damage to your vehicle and the other vehicle, as soon as possible, before conditions change.
- If there are surveillance cameras in the area of your accident ask the owner to save the footage and keep his or her name.
- Create a point form account of exactly what happened, where it happened, weather conditions, the description and if applicable, the plate number of the other vehicle, insurance information, discussions with others and your injuries, etc.
- If there are witnesses, get their names and contact information.
- Ensure that you seek out medical assistance and follow your doctor’s advice.
- Be careful using Facebook and other social media as your posts may be producible to the other side.
We’re experienced at helping people in this situation. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury of this kind, call us today.