Every day all of us purchase and use products responsibly, assuming they will not cause us any harm.
Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. If you have been injured due to a defective or unsafe product, our personal injury lawyers are skilled not only getting you compensation for your injuries, but also helping to ensure that others aren’t injured due to manufacturer’s negligence.
In the event you are injured by a defective product, try your best to do the following:
- Keep the product, including all of the packaging and the receipt or proof of purchase.
- Take photographs of the item, including how it was used.
- Check the packaging and product inserts for any warnings that may have been included. Even if the item did come with a warning, if it was written in very small print, the manufacturer may still be at fault. Warning of the danger inherent in a product is too important to leave to fine print.
- Identify the store that you bought the product from. Depending on the nature of your case, under the Sale of Goods Act, the retailer may bear some of the responsibility for injuries.
- If there are witnesses, get their names and contact information.
- Ensure that you seek out medical assistance and follow your doctor’s advice.
- Be careful using Facebook and other social media as your posts may be producible to the other side.